View Single Post
Old 14-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
Leaking righthand CV boot ($50 for a whole 2nd hand shaft)
Gutter rash on rims (no point fixing)
Heater not working (nfi)
Right control arm is damaged (say $100 for 2nd hand)
dent in fuel tank (is this important?)
Front rotors need replacing ($50 for a whole hub assembly...)
Rear Break pad needs replacing ($100)
Cracks rear spoiler ($50 replacement?)
Those prices would not allow for any labour. Driveshaft is definately the way to go. I replaced the CV boots with genuine items and to do them both (parts only) was about $90. Takes about 1hr to change shaft. If you just change the boots you also need the tool to do up the clamps.

Gutter rash - agreed no point

Heater not working. Is that fan working? Could be something as simple as a broken wire etc.

Control arm damaged. Again not a big deal to retro fit one yourself. $100 sounds about right.

Dent in fuel tank. Unless it is sizeable dont worry about it.

Front rotors. DBA 4000's are about $400pr plus fitting. Depends if you want to dodgy it up or fix it properly. Again, easy enough to do yourself.

Rear brakes pads are approx $100 plus fitting. No biggie to do this yourself.

Rear spoiler - depends on how bad but panel beater will prolly charge approx $400 - $500 to fill the cracks and re paint.

I.e. assuming you do everything yourself except the spoiler and the heater does not turn out to be anything major you are prolly up for at least $1000.

Personally I would fix the stuff. Prolly not the spoiler as you are not trying to hide anything there. At least that way if some young kid crashes it at least you wont feel bad.

Brendon