Thread: games...
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2007, 10:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Lorry at standard level

Its funny, you would think researchers would know about drawing inferences on seemingly related pieces of data is risky. Its like saying eating carrots will give you good night vision. Thats not technically true, its vitamin a that gives you good night vision, so anything with decent levels of vitamin a, including carrots, will help that.

I wonder if they considered that people might have some sort of psychological "risk taking" aspect that makes them enjoy racing games, and be more prone to take what are deemed risks on the road. If that is the case then its not the games that are causing it, its just that persons human nature.

I do agree with the point on understanding consequences. I reckon it has more to do with how well the person is brought up and taught at a younger age to think about and understand the consequences of their actions, rather than the influence of games.

I've also heard that apparently the part of your brain that judges potential actions and looks at the consequences does not fully kick in until you are 26. I wonder what the average age of the test sample was