View Single Post
Old 22-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_sti
list of mods im thinking of getting from vision r are:
trust pe2 cat back, fujitsubo front pipe and cat,
apexi air filter,hks ssv bov, defi gauges with the zerosports or the defi triple meter gauge holder, leaning more towards the zerosports just because the fact that i dont need to pull out the clock, aswell as that trust profec b spec boost controller, and a turbo timer. Basically the guy at city subaru where i bought my car said any modifications which alter or do anything to the engine will void my warranty. And about putting back the stock parts if the car did go wrong, the guy at subaru told me a few people have tried but to no avail.
OK...best mod is turbo back exhaust. With pre MY06 this could be done without any other mod and was safe, but for MY06+ it would be wise to re-tune if you are going to change the exhaust...ie Verso, ECUTek etc (search)...upgrade fuel pump also wise. If you change the exhaust without re-tune and run the car "normally" (ie no track or drag work) in "most" cases it will be OK. So your choice.

btw, forget the turbo timer(not needed), filter (dubious), BOV (OE one is best) and boost controller (= trouble).

What City Subaru said is true, and workshops will be able to tell pretty easily if you put stock parts back. Generally though (if you are honest with them), Subaru will fix problems unrelated to modifications...therefore your warranty isn't "void" per se.

My advice on exhaust is that there are a number of excellent proven systems manufactured and sold locally (search threads)...you have a $60k car, so don't shortcut on quality to save a few $'s. Support the local industry!