View Single Post
Old 13-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli
I've known Ramon for a number of years including when he was a member of IWRXOC. He left the Club for his own reasons to do his own thing & I respect that.
In the past he has criticised IWRXOC and if his reasons were justified well that's OK too....we have agreed to disagree on some things and come to agreement on others.
Above all he has been passionate about the cars and in particular his car and I respect him for that. As for his buildup, I've seen the car many times on my regular trips to MMS and must say that the work done and materials used are always top class.
Would I do what he's doing?...NO WAY...I consider that my money is best spent on other things....BUT if Ramon wants to do this sort of thing, at least he's been up front and passionate and doesn't deserve being bagged for it. So it hasn't been on the track...in fact nor have the majority of cars on this forum. Anyone can drive a car fast in a straight line down a dragstrip, so don't think you're better just because you've done that and Ramon hasn't.
I hope when his car is finished that he will bring it out to an IWRXOC track training day where nobody has to prove anything...it will just be nice to see it out there.
Good luck to him and let him do his own thing.
lol

sounds like your writing for ramon's obituary