View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I also put it down not just on bad drivers and bad attitudes, but absolutely shocking road design.

In every other country I have driven in freeways / motorways / highways don't have as many merge points, reduction and expansion in lanes, exits on the right lanes, lack of signage or have to have inside knowledge to be in a certain lane to get you somewhere. We have major intersections with absolutely no merge time (for example, Roe Hwy going on to Freeway South - Roe Hwy merges into 1 lane, then that one lane needs to merge onto the Freeway. Brand new intersection has a traffic jam every day - Piss poor effort).

If you drive the full length of our freeway (Mitchell and Kwinana - Sure they have 2 names, but they are 1 freaking road) I think only 1 lane actually goes the length. All the others disappear in merges (or worse is the bus lane merging with the right hand lane at Mill Point Road!) or become exits.

All of these points lead to people crashing, road rage, erratic lane changes and speeding. Surely if we can spend billions on a train line, lets spend a few bucks making the roads flow properly.