Thread: US Lenses
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2007, 01:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rspct at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
Have you talked to Stu about the Warrenty issues? becuase I bought my 100-400L off him and he told me somthing about the warrenty but I cant remember haha Im fairly certain that if somthing happens to the lens it will have to be sent to the US which would take a while.......
Pretty sure that is only for the camera body. Lenses have a worldwide warranty. I quote from Canon Aus:

Quote:
3. Subject to paragraph 4, this warranty is valid only for Products that are purchased new and unused in Australia or New Zealand from Canon Australia Pty Ltd, Canon New Zealand Ltd or a reseller authorised by either of those companies. The Customer must provide the original proof of purchase from one those organisations to receive any services under this warranty.
Quote:
4. Canon offers an international warranty on non-digital Canon compact cameras, non-digital Canon SLR camera bodies, Canon lenses for all SLR cameras, Canon Speedlites and Canon photographic accessories only. If travelling overseas, the Customer may receive warranty service for those Products on these terms from members of the Canon Camera International Service Network. A list of those members is enclosed with the Product. The Customer must present this warranty card and the original proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
Maybe just give Canon aus an email asking "I have a lens which I purchased whilst overseas, am I able to get it serviced under warranty here?". Always good to have it from the horses mouth