View Single Post
Old 27-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra
I think a lot of people don’t feel sorry for him as they can see he's currently not doing anything to help himself out of the rut he's currently in.

That said we need to feel sorry for the remaining cousins clan as Ben's probably pulling their good family name into the dirt. Ben's old man is one strong bugger for helping his son as much as he can, that’s all a father can do.

All we can do is wish the cousins family for a better circumstance.

The more we glorify it the more bad blood it will spill.
I dont think anyone is glorifying it Pete?

Personally, I've never touched a drug in my life, havnt even smoked a cigarette. So im most definitely not pro drug. On the other hand I'm not overly anti drug, if someone chooses to do so more power to them.

What angers me is that Ben is a role model to many people, children and adults due to his awesome talents on the field. What type of message does he send to them when he openly flaunts his drug use? We already have enough issues in society, we dont need people being taught its ok to be drug addicts. The flipside response to that is that we shouldnt be idolising sports stars who are merely human too, but we do, and they should realise this.

Its his money, his life, if he wants to flush both down the drain then he should at least have some sort of moral decency to hide it from public view. And yes you have to feel for those who have stood by him and supported them, he is mocking them pretty badly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]