View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
...Perth train station might have become a decent place, police could chase real criminals, domestics would be down, alcohol abuse wouldnt have been such a huge issue, rape would be down in remote communities etc.
That said above is all true. A year ago, I didn't have a huge issue with Abos. In fact, once a while ago I was actually decent friends with one. And don't get me wrong, there's still decent ones out there... Anyone hate Erni Dingo?

BUT, it was about a year ago that my view of the 'general aboriginal community' was changed.
I think that no individual should be judged in one particular way (ie stereotyped) untill there is 'guilt' there. This used to apply for aboriginals. Yes, I saw the bad stuff they did on tv and in the news, but I put that down to individuals and their actions, not an entire race of people. That view changed, however, when I was reading the paper. An elderly lady was RAPED and BASHED and had her possessions stollen. She ended up in hospital. Paragraph 2 stated the culprits: Aboriginals.
That's when it clicked and now I simply have no respect for them in general.

Appologise? Hmmm..
Money? Get fukd..

Last edited by ALEX.; 12-02-2008 at 10:32 PM.