View Single Post
Old 20-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Sir AntiLag

Broomy at standard level

I still dont quite understand where all the 1000's of rally fans went after the loss of Rally Australia in WA. As Doug stated in his post that the "WA Rally Championship" is there sill simmering along but could do with a boost in spectator support.

WA has the most experinced rally officials and organisers in the country who put on the best events wether they are ARC or WARC or Targa West, and we have the opportunity to make the WARC a fantastic series to watch all year. The only thing missing is the spectators...

I think with the growth in the states economy, and the amount of people starting to get involved in motorsports (i.e. Targa West, Dutton, AHGSeries) there is a great opportunity to develop the level of rallying in WA. By mixing in a few Tarmac rally's with the gravel rally's in the WARC would be a great way getting new competitors and boosting entry numbers in local rally's.

WA should lead the way with a multi-surface state rally championship like the rest of the world do. This would make fantastic spectating just as Jester mentioned in his post "check out the Irish Tarmac Rally championship or British Rally Championship's to see the result."

Thats the end of my rant.... See you at the Forest Rally