View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
STI Master

JA50N at standard level

I feel for you scooby99. The law is unbelievable. Similar thing happened to me, Christmas eve last year, booze bus on Marmion Ave. Every car got waved through until I was in line. I get pulled in, breathlised and nicely said 'Easy job for me mate, I don't drink'. So he says 'No worries, 0.00% your free to go'. I take off slowly and 20 seconds later a undercover comes flying up behind me with lights on (obviously at the booze bus). Goes over my car giving me 14 defects. No worries, I didn't argue except when he pulled out his RULER and proceeded to tell me my car was too low all round. I know it's not legal, but telling me it's 'on the ground' because the grass on the median strip was higher than my side skirts. I asked if he would like me to park on the bitchumen so he can get a accurate ride height he told me to 'fuck off and speak when I'm spoken too'. He added my gauges to the defect list. Funnily enough the 2 pillar mounted gauges were 'illegal' because 'if I had a crash, they could dislodge from the pillar and strike me in the face', but the 3 Defi's on my dash which do obstruct my view are 'perfectly legally positioned'. Then he decided to sticker me for 'no bonnet vent cover' under my hood because 'if I had a accident, my sump cracks, oil will go everywhere on my windscreen and become a fire hazard'. Since when does oil catch fire? He proceeded to give me a defect for my Pivot engine start button and my keypad start 'loosely mounted' in the GC8 dash comparment (above air con vents). I agree with you, some Police should not be allowed on the road. I hope you report them and hear something back. That sticker of yours is obstructing your vision more than your gauge pod. Good luck man.

www.racetorque.com.au
www.anytimetowing.com.au