View Single Post
Old 25-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx_rider
Since you hadn't seen the contract, you must not have signed the contract, so therefore it was not legally binding AFAIK. I would have queried the contract once you saw it (you probably did), and if they refused to change those crazy conditions, I would have told them to shove it and asked (grovel) for my old job back.

Life lesson - never put in resignation until you see the new contract in writing. Don't trust what people say will be in a contract.

But yeah, as others said, 8 weeks notice, crazy, just leave.
There was no mention of any contract of any form. I had the interview, met the criteria and was made an offer. (not to mention that the offer was inclusive of super so I actually earn 9% less than I expected).
I understand the reason he has done it is due to being a small business, he needs to retain staff. He has just gone the wrong way about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx_rider
Also, you should mention to your boss that their contract is probably in violation of the Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993 as you should be entitled to 2 weeks sick leave (= 2 x 5 days = 10 days) a year - Provided you are employed full time.

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/LabourRel...ents/sick.html
Yeah I was aware of this already, hence why I was wondering if the contract is now deemed void. I am employed full time on salary, dont think being on salary changes things does it?