Thread: Cuz is BACK!!
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2008, 11:25 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC
Good on you Benny!!! Demetriou has singled him out and gunned for him and that's just plain unfair. There are many others using and abusing drugs that aren't being named. Why not put the same stringent testing conditions imposed on Ben to the rest of the AFL playing body. So instead of waiting until we have another Ben Cousins blow out, they are caught early on and dealt with when the issues first arise, level playing field and equal treatment for all.

As for Phil's comments about Richo, bit harsh mate, he has to be one of the most courageous players out there in my opinion. I've seen many a game where he seems like the only tiger slogging his guts out and often running the whole ground over and over again, so I say bs to the "kick it to me, I don't wanna run" crap.

Anyway, this is about Cuz - let's hope he proves all the haters wrong and strives to be the pinnacle he once was.

My 2c.
People who have criticised him are not haters. You have to remember this guys has been given numerous chances, he's not been fit for training on lots of occasions, he was caught high as a kite in Northbridge, he was found drunk in a park, he was drunk and high and did a runner from Police, he fought with a team-mate in a nightclub, he went on a coke binge whilst supposedly in rehab etc etc Yes there may be others doing drugs, but they have been smart enough to not do it in the media spotlight. So you can't really compare BC to AFL players that have done or do do drugs and say he should be treated as they are. He was and he blew every chance he was given.

Last edited by perthzed; 16-12-2008 at 11:27 AM.