Thread: 207 questions
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2009, 01:34 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm
hahaah nice one nah i mean all the shit like cams and stuff. might take me a while to work all that out :P
mate,
your best bet is the ej207 with the vf34 and associated suppt systems (fuel pump etc). It will make enough power to be fun and driveable without giving ou too many reliability issues. Standard calipers are fine with dba 4000 rotors (I alsorun bendix ultimate pads) and my car has done diver training days at barbagallo with 2 drivers back to back for an hou with little/no rest between.

at the power levels suggested of aound 200kw atw, you will have more then enough to enjoy yourself on the track. Chasing too much power comes with its costs.
a) the powerband of the motor is very small and high up in the rev range (5000-6000pm) which means that the motor is very lazy down low and a pig to drive around town.

b) you will not be able to learn you car with big hp as it will bite you very quickly. Start moderately and squeeze more out of it as your skills improve as a driver. Driving fast on the road is very different to going quick on a track.

c)you seem quite obsessed with the whole stroker idea. take one thing into account when thinking about mods...... research and experience. Most of the people on here have been there and done that many times. Bigger or heavily modded does not always mean better. Sometimes keeping it simple can be the best option because there will come a time when you crave the simplicity of a factory car and how well it does everything (these are normally the days when yet another thing goes pop).

what the guys have said so far will gve you safe, reliable power which leaves one and arguably the most important aspect, you.