Thread: 207 questions
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2009, 05:42 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

has anyone asked what computer he is running?? mate your 12k budget is going to be gone before you blink.

Buy a complete long motor either 205 or (preferably)207 chuck a VF34/35/22/23 on it and get an autronic smc/sm2 and have it tuned properly. You are not going to get 400hp with 12k period unless you are doing ALL the work yourself.

This will give you some change to mess with suspension and braking. You will need to get a better than std intake and 3 inch exhaust etc for the engine.

Not trying to poo poo your ideals but if you try to get too much without doing it properly ie injectors, fuel pump and the rest of the ancillaries you will be posting in less than 6 months saying your engine is blown again and XXX workshop are pricks because it's blown up. on top of all this if you run more than 300hp through a std 5 speed with a 3.9 final drive more than likley you will be replacing the gearbox in a month because there will be no gear left on the mainshaft so add another 3k to rebuild or buy a used one.

Change out the diffs for 4.11 or 4.44 if you know how and you will feel like you have more power unless you are planning on doing top speed runs down the fwy.

that is my 2 cents

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi