View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
then if you cant buy them anymore then they will pay you the costs they were new and you can find them yourself...

or pay to have the rims repaired if possible..

just chat to your insurance company and notify them you cant actually buy them anymore..

and yes I do work for an insurance company.. good to see I have common sense also..
Lolz @ common sense.............

Why should he have to notify the insurance company of anything to do with the repair?

Isn't it the insurance companies JOB to oversee the repair of the vehicle by a repairer back to a roadworthy condition?

Isnt that why we pay a premium for full insurance cover?

I work in the vehicle repair industry also (and have done so for over 15 years) and I'm often shocked to see "vehicle suitable for recycled parts" on claim approvals for vehicles under 5 years old.... What a rort!

What would happen is the case of a vehicle on stock OEM rims that had become obsolete?....In your eyes the onous is on the owner to source suitable replacements?....Not likely, you wouldn't have many long term policies if that were the case.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]