View Single Post
Old 31-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

I don't race on the streets so I don't really have an embarrassing race but I do recall a particular incident that is quite unforgettable.

This was about 4 years ago I think, on my first night cruise with PWRX, heading southwards towards Brookton Hwy. I was driving an MY00 with nothing but TBE and EBC (at 1bar).

So driving in a single file along Albany Hwy at 70kmh with [WRXRW] breathing down my neck, I see [WRXRW] pulling out in the rear view mirror and booting it past me on the right with [EXPLICIT] right behind. I drop into 2nd and boot it as well. It hits redline in a sec so I hammer it into 3rd, flooring it again.

Now at this moment, [EXPLICIT] comes flying past me on my right, as if I was standing still. With my windows wound down, his Holinger straightcutbox was almost deafening as he flew past. I swear I thought I'd shifted into 5th by mistake, looked down at my tacho to check - I was at 6000rpm, yet both [WRXRW] and [EXPLICIT] both overtook me with the kinda acceleration that made me feel that I was going backwards.

Another memorable incident was courtesy of [STI TUNED], on another PWRX night cruise, this time through the polly pipe. This was also some time ago, I think about 3 years ago? Back then, antilag was still quite uncommon. So the whole pack of us are crammed into the polly pipe, I'm right smack behind [STI TUNED] with my gf carrying our puppy in the passenger seat when [STI TUNED] decided to commence with the fireworks, pop bang sizzle. I remember being quite excited and laffing my head off, while my puppy (aptly named Scoobie) was so frightened she was going crazy and scratched my gf (and some interior panels) up quite badly.

Scoobie never participated in anymore cruises after that.