View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
welcome Andrew and enjoy the stay, search button is your fried, yada yada yada.

I'm a previous pig owner and my first question back to you is how far do you want to go with the mods and what do you plan to use it for track, daily driver, bit of both?

If mild mods and daily driver is your thing then just go straight to getting her verso tuned as your first and best bang for buck mod. Your i/c is good as is the stock airbox set up. I would spend money on whiteline\ or cusco f&r sways, good pads/rotors/brake fluid since its a used car.
hey Dave, thanks for the info...

i'm basically wanting to keep it as a nice daily with great cornering and braking ability... IF there is a track day and i've got a day off work i also want her to be capable of getting thrown around the track too in a reliable manner.

the mods i have in mind are new (aftermarket) slotted rotors and pads, full turbo-back exhaust and full coilover suspension, however... struts and springs may have to suffice for the time being and then a tune... with the verso (considering i'll be driving it as a daily too) should i upgrade my cooler and injectors, up the boost and tune it with a verso or will the verso and exhaust be good enough?

once i know that i'll know exactly which direction to hear... i've also got a few tuners to test out too as i used to use tenagah but now they won't be doing mechanical work as such... first stop will be ASG and i'll see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerm07 View Post
welcome mate.

would go a verso tune, air filter and some suspension like you said. How do you find the car compared to the EVO VI?

Matt
hey Matt...

one thing i can say with the difference is that the STI is EXTREMELY tame... the power delivery is very linear and before you know it you're doing $1.40c+ on private roads, however, with the EVO VI it just smashes you and the boost hits much harder... however my VI had all the bolt ons whereas my STI is pretty much stock so that can be expected

the best way to compare would be how the two cars were designed and manufactured... the EVO VI was really raw... would have to compare with the GC8 STi and my STI you would have to compare to the EVO IX so totally different time frames but the EVO was definitely a rougher drive and more "fun" for me... my girlfriend couldn't drive it though... the STI however is totally opposite and she can drive it everyday

the STI is driver friendly and quick for what it is... i can't wait to see how it drives once i get suspension, slotted discs and a tune though will be awesome!

i'm also thinking about getting a carbon boot and bonnet with a carbon front lip and rear diffuser... do you guys think that's going over the top with exterior modifications?

(i know it's personal but i love opinions)

cheers!

Last edited by FEI-STi_REX; 06-01-2010 at 05:20 PM.