View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Just a quick update before I head down to Bunno to pick up a stranded friend. Direct Port NOS foggers will arrive tomorrow so I'm on the lookout for an STI intake manifold or even an aftermarket one to mount them onto so I have a spare one in the event of needing to take them off again.

Bought a USB to CAN adaptor for the Motec last week and have been doing my research. Last night I decided to download the current ECU config in an attempt to try and sort out the erratic idle when cold and noticed that the poor car has been setup so badly it defies all logic. Running rich would be an understatement, no wonder I've only been getting 200km max out of a tank of fuel. So eased off on the fuel, gave it some realistic injection timing (not 100ms to 400ms with nothing in between) and wouldn't you know it runs so much smoother. Then increased timing by 0.5 degrees across the board and increased idle timing from 5 to 12 degrees and it's like a totally different car, so much more response and power down low where it badly needed it. Crazy thing is that it's still running mega rich and timing is so conservative it's a joke. There is still so much power to be tuned out of this engine, problem is going to be finding someone I can trust that will actually do it rather than just take my money and do stuff all like what happened when it was meant to have been tuned a few weeks back. I'll still get ASG to do the NOS & turbo & extractors but I think they are too busy to give the proper attention a car like this needs.

Anyone know any good Motec tuners (that aren't snowed under with work)?