Thread: FIFA World Cup
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed View Post
2 world cups they got knocked out because they had players sent off so were forced to play with 10. They've choked in a few penalty shoot outs. But I wouldn't have said they had the best team. But now they are in the top 3 & have a good draw and have the 2nd best striker in the world.
problem with england is they have too many individuals....rooney/gerrard/beckham in the past and so on. Generally tournaments are won by TEAMS and not individuals and as has happened with Real Mardid over the past few years it will show at this world cup. "Stars" want to do just that...entertain+show how good they are which generally means a new contract at the end of the tournament (with a high paying club like Get Real Madrid).

Take a look at Greece, who's won european championship in 2004...a team of no names, just like diving italians of 2006 (other than Totti, the rest weren't big names).

Even though I hate english soccer team (love EPL though so go figure) if they can play as a team they will go far but so far i have not seen that in the past years

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!