View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
I managed to do the conversion with the car on stands & a big piece of cardboard to slid under the car on. It's not that hard.
I know it's not that hard, although with mine being one of those Perrin rotated setups it may be a bit harder than normal, especially if there needs to be modifications made to the exhaust system (which there undoubtedly would be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
If you only worked on one car at a time you would soon be broke.
People cancel or postpone jobs all the time, often on the day they're due.
Jobs are often delayed while waiting for parts or for the customer to make a decision.
I realise that, I'm referring to once I have made my mind up and paid for the job up-front I'd expect them to work on my car and only my car until it is finished. Hell, I'd be happy to pay double for labour if they put 2 guys onto the job and get it finished twice as fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowZ View Post
wanna swap your setup for someone with a twinscroll setup...? I know someone with one.
Sounds intriquing. Although I have to ask, why would someone want to go from a twin-scroll setup back to a regular setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Straight from the horses mouth (Full-Race.com's rep on iwsti forums), in reference to the twin scroll GT series turbos they sell on their site...

for a 2.5L engine i would definitely recommend the 3076R. The 3071R will spool barely earlier, and would only make sense if it was a competitive autocross application. For a street setup where you want to beat an equal power level evo, 3076R or 3582R is the way to go. Twinscroll just makes the 30R stronger. It spools earlier, makes boost sooner, and has quicker throttle/boost response, particularly in the lower rpm. There is just more energy available for the turbine.
If I end up going twin-scroll, I'll probably use the 3582R if I can be sure it will spool at least 1000rpm earlier.

Would one of these with a 0.63 A/R for my current GT3582R make much difference or would it need to be the compressor housing that would need to change?:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=GTH