View Single Post
Old 15-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
^^^

Id say around 5 min tops Jimmy, tode just tried to do his again and he melted the fk out of it.. hahaha

But yeh get all the screws out, theres some that are hard to find, make sure u get them all out otherwise u wont be able to pry apart the two parts.

Also get some sikaflex to ensure that you dont get any moisture buildup when u wash the car etc..
Must have had it too hot mate... Done enough of these with Dan to know what works!

Better to have it in there a bit longer on a lower heat IMO, to make sure all of the glue is softened!

From memory there are 12 or 13 screws in the peanut headlights... So make sure you get them all out before it goes in the oven!

I'd recommend painting the centre peice black while your taking out the orange peice as i prefer the look (see image below)...

Make sure you sit the light on top of an old teatowel while its in the oven and when you are pulling it apart as the glue is very stringy and tends to get all over the place, which is then very hard to get rid of! Make sure you don't get any of it on the inside of the headlight as well!!

We used to pop the light back in the oven for 5 mins after putting it back together, just to soften the glue again and make sure it seals back up well! Never had an issue with condensation.

Should look good when its done, just take your time with it, 1 headlight at a time in the oven and you should be able to get it done!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe