View Single Post
Old 29-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

So Pimp My Van has begun.

Got a little inspired when I spotted Autodelta's Holden Combo riding on Alfa Romeo 4 stud wheels.. looked really cool!

After browsing some European Opel/Vauxhall forums, I realised that modding these things was a lot more popular than I thought!!

So from this, I wanted the Euro look.

I've always loved THESE wheels.. Zender Turbos. They are rare and expensive, and my chances of finding a set locally was very difficult.

BUT, as luck had it, a set was found locally, for a steal (thanks to the guys on Antilag pointing out a set for sale on SilviaWA). They came off an E30 BMW, which shares the same centre bore and stud pattern as the Combo. They looked a little rough, but to me, that just means its like an uncut diamond

I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!! Rims purchased The best bit? Same diameter as the stock steelies (15 inch), wider (7", instead of 6"), and better offset (+20, instead of +49). My stock tyres would stretch on very nicely, and the rims would poke out of the guards just a little.

Took them to my mate Giuseppe at Swan Tyres, and he got to work on restoring them.

- Kerb rash welded and machined
- Blasted
- Centre caps and rims powdercoated inside and out

We also found that all 4 rims were wobbly, so they had to be professionally straightened also.. this can sometimes happen to rims that are 25 years old or more.

The colour I chose was a Dulux light silver matte pearl powdercoat.

Rims finished as of yesterday..

Fitting..

Done, caps fitted

NEXT STOP, CAMBER AND DUMPAGE!!!!!!!!11