View Single Post
Old 20-01-2012, 09:33 AM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

Yeah,

I think I am a bit of a kiss of death in the passenger seat. But new found respect for co drivers, even though the role in this event is very basic.

We had a great first run right up until the second to last corner where we put two tyres on the wet grass and the other side of the car on dry tarmac. Kind of like the stunt trick where one side of the car is on wet plastic and the other on dry tarmac. Makes for a pretty exciting spin in a non ABS car when you hit the picks. Kind of a slow motion moment where seconds before you are thinking "this might get intersting" and in a split second it does. Thankfully we stayed off the concrete.

Ben buttoned off a bit and the second run was better. Punched in a 2.32. Turned the wick up a little for the 3rd and starting flowing a little better and got a 2.28. Final run he looked to put it all together and got a little bit angrier but had a massive overcook after the roundabouts at the top where you head through the tractor tyres onto the service road. Rather than veer sharp right we ploughed straight on into the bush. Thankfully another soft landing. Kind of felt we were too hot but like a good codriver I didnt want to tell him how to drive, just what was coming.

Was a great efffort for his first outing there. With some more consistency I think his times may be good for top 10?? Definately highlights that if you are at 9.5 tenths at RAC or Barbs, you maybe need to be at 9 tenths at this kind of thing. Running out of talent can be punished on the time sheets and punish the car. Reckon overall you might be faster if you arent scaring the shit out of yourself at every corner and second guessing your speed. Hats off to the guys runninf at the front. I thought our 2.28 was a solid time. Hate to think how we would have found another 10 seconds.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???