View Single Post
Old 24-01-2012, 09:10 AM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

I see alot of comments about driver training on here......Go to RAC find the limits of your car etc etc.

Then there are comments about yes we should have limits on power etc etc....

The plain and simple truth is without a change of attitude by the demographic in question no amount of training or restriction is going to reduce the accidents, deaths or stupidity.

Going to RAC and having driver training in my opinion will only increase the head swell and perceived skill of those dipsticks who are in the headlines.

Do you really think that having been to a driver training course the muppet who got caught doing ludicrous speed on the freeway would not have done it?? would he have been able to avoid an accident at 200kph+ because he went around a controlled environment at 80??? Would he not have gone for a high speed run if the car took longer to get there???.. all very doubtful

Driver training WILL help those people who come across an unusual situation or have a situation thrust upon them ie emergency Braking, avoidance etc

Driver training for the masses will NOT stop deaths by stupidity, young guys who think they are invincible, just too fast for the conditions or "Hooning". I actually think the amount of sideways into a "insert favorite imovable object here" will increase with the type of mandated driver training the government would introduce, while it will decrease the number of fender bender incidents with younger drivers.

Quite simply people take risks everyday, it just seems that the younger population are willing to take much greater risks on a daily basis.

I mean 20-50 years ago there was a very small demographic who took the risks - see evel knievel for instance - 1 guy out of an entire population no how many crusty deamons are there and how many wanna be's are there from that??? Look at the you tube videos of muppets doing stunts and failing.....badly.

Not everyone is cut out to be race car driver.

In my humble opinion parenting is the issue. FULL STOP.

Fear is something a vast majority of these kids grow up without. The sooner it becomes apparent to some of these kids that Mum and Dad will NOT bail you out everytime the shit hits the fan and it reverses to Mum and Dad WILL kick your dumb ass when you fuck up from a younger age then nothing will change.

I did plenty of stupid shit when I was younger - hell I still do plenty of stupid shit now BUT I have some experience on my side. When I was younger if i smacked a curb and bent the steering or broke something I was more shit scared of my parents/legal consequences than hurting myself. BUT this continually helped to rein in the attitude and stupidity.

These days all I hear is how the police can get fucked and how mum and dad bailed me out etc.

You should fear the consequences of your actions.

You should be taken to task for the small acts of stupidity.

Hopefully by having your ass kicked for the small things it "might" stop you from doing the things that will really make a difference to others lives...like killing your mate who is a passenger..............

ATTITUDE is the ONLY resolution.

my 2c

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi