View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012, 11:24 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

Thought I would share:

I am 5'5" and weighed 84kgs at the end of January. I am pretty active person and don't sit around much and was looking to lose a few kg's. I set myself a goal of trying to lose 1kg per week over the 10 week school term.
I rarely drink alcohol and have not added any extra exercise to my routine.

Firstly, I increased my water intake with no other modifications to what I ate and drank. Just by drinking more water, I actually felt bloated and for a few days, gained a kg or two. After a week or so, I found that I was eating smaller portions of food as I was feeling full from drinking heaps (2-3L) of water every day.

Working along with this simple change, I managed to reduce my portion size and servings considerably (I used to eat a whole large pizza myself). This helped me drop 5kgs in the first 5 weeks.

About a month ago, I stopped drinking Coke. I used to drink 9 cans somedays and after thye first one, all I wanted was another. I am not and have never been a sweet tooth, but enjoyed and had made a routine of having a Coke after work each day, then another, and another and you get the picture.

Giving up was easy, I just decided I would drink something else, mainly water and the occasional Powerade/Gatorade or diluted orange juice when I feel like some sugar. Knowing that a meal from Maccas and HJ's comes with a Coke, I have stopped buying these too.
On my cheat days, I will have Nando's or Red Rooster instead and only 1 quarter chicken and chips instead of a bit of this and that.

Week nine of the school term and 9kg's gone. Sitting at 75kg. have dropped a belt size and the abs are starting to make a comeback.

Ideally, I would love to maintain 70-75kg's but pack on lean muscle.
My next goal for next term is cardio. Rowing and running mainly and would love to do some adventure type trails through the hills.

Maybe it's a CSB, but I don't care, I am stoked.

Toni