View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-lang View Post
Company called Australian Contract Mining (ACM) take alot of 'greenies' i got a start there as a nipper. Only qualification i had was a diploma in horticulture. (so not relevant). Good sites about $390 shift rate when you start. Get on a bogger and its about $700. Office is in west Perth.
ACM have to be one of the worst contractors out there. At the interview got promised all sorts of stuff. Got to the alacer mine site in Higginsville and all was different. The girls that sit in the office in West Perth have no idea what goes on at their sites, talk shit to get people out there.
The OH's department was the main reason i left. On the induction day with greenies first time UG, they weren't even shown how to scale properly or how to use the damn scaling bar. Being at other sites where I was shown how to do things the right way made me think that the safety representatives had no idea what they're supposed to do at this site. The amount of short cuts taken is very sad.
However Barminco is way better than ACM, worked for them couple years and never had any dramas.
Mining has changed since the first time I started working underground. You had to earn up and work like a slave to move up the ladder and yet till today I'm still learning.