View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Scoobie Noobie

KiDo_Tuning at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Ask for nothing illegal yet want logs to redline in 3rd or 4th gear? Also what happens when you're on the track and go over those loads in 5th or 6th?
Per gear boost control Russ, get with the times Even your ECU has that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Just putting it out there, not that I have any experience at all or any position to come from, but we're not back in 2004 when the hoon law didn't exist and dyno's were so expensive it was rare for a shop to have one... I wouldn't risk my licence, my car or my engine on a road tune for anything other than cruise tuning. And unless you are looking at doing top speed runs with full load on at least 4th gear (5spd box) and 5th gear (6spd box) the tune will not be suitable should you ever go to a track day.

This isn't negative, its the real world. All who want to spend money willfully putting important parts of their life at risk feel free, and anyone who says but its just my street car or daily drive, I don't drive it hard... repeat once you hear big end noise and are crying because you're catching the bus to work.

Anyone who knows me will realise where I'm coming from and hopefully see this as a true warning.... its not like I've ever been involved with a tuning company or maybe been pushing the limits of subaru's for a while...
Targa Tasmania... 6th place overall on a road tuned 2L 09 STI Spec C that had stable boost in ALL gears, even managed full boost in 2nd gear. 12.7 1/4 mile on a mechanically stock MY11 STi? There is a few Perth guys running my tunes already, from mild to wild Yes, a few of you know about Brams Forester yet the BBK-M had zero knock on boost while an 06 XT running a similar tune on the BBK-M without issue with ID1000's Wish Brams logs had the PLX WB data in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmh View Post
I'm not sure advertising this on a public forum is a good idea
This is just asking for a sting on the day
Wouldn't be difficult for the five-o to work out where
Last time, I ended up tuning a AFP Officers MY12 STi... yet I still do not encourage speeding AFP only came as was suspicious sitting in a car with a laptop near an airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [MPS 3] View Post
Tuning around the back streets of the Airport?
Got family who live in Perth who have sorted out roads, cousins 06 WRX is road tuned and makes 17psi from 2000rpm to 4800rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
With good reason I would assume. Why would a workshop want someone else using their tools to take away potential customers?
Sharing of ideas EcuFlash/Romraider/EcuEdit does not exactly come with instructions! 11 workshops in Australia, 50+ workshops world wide running examples of my tunes. Only tuner in the world to get the Liberty 5 speed auto to shift correctly, properly tuned it rivals a DSG!