View Single Post
Old 27-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
its at this point im going to be a killjoy

I think everyone has covered the fact that this makes no sense to many/lots/most people.
Im getting a little sick of reading constantly that "this will end up costing a bomb" the coulda/woulda/shoulda ideas.

FFS She has purchased a Foz GT Half cut and JWS will be doing the conversion.
She is happy.
Instead of "this is a shit idea etc etc etc" comments can people either not post, PM her, or ( which i prefer) say congrates on the conversion, when will you be on track next?

She clearly isnt going to stop doing what she is doing with her car for a bunch of grumpy old (albeit correct) farts.

TJ and many others have illustrated clearly that it may be a complete waste of money but all cars are.

Mitch, Why didnt you just buy the MY11 STi instead of a silver WRX to start?
TJ, Why buy 300,000,000 cars and modify them then flog them off 2 weeks later?
Russ, why spend all your money on the foz to then buy the wagon? why not go buy it off abdus straight away?
Riggs, Why bother building a GC that is 12yrs old already into something essentially is still a 12yr old car?
Hell, why even bother with the GC when both bikes are more capable than the car?

Guys, we have spent money on ours cars irrespective of what may have been the correct choice at the time.
Logic says we shouldnt bother with having 2 cars, playing racecars with one and having a heap of shit daily because we should all be buying property and waiting 10yrs then rolling in AMG's M3s etc etc etc.

Cat, awesome stuff with the car. a conversion will create a whole other level which youll get to experience on track and (safely) on the streets. At least you have a sweet car detailing pack to make it uber shiney once its complete.

*/ranty post*
Good stuff, well said