View Single Post
Old 29-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Scoobie Noobie

justlikemusic at standard level

I have a pair of Soundstream RF60C components for my front stage... they are an amazing sounding speaker. They aren't the best quality set of speakers for $800 (i think I paid about that like 5 years ago) but from a 6.5" speaker it can take 180w RMS and it has a 3" voice coil.

I had four different Eclipse decks from Alberts years ago. They are the best head units imo but I fried so many on warranty and apparently this was a big problem for Eclipse and alot of places didn't want to sell them. (Eclipse CDA5435 I think?)

I have heard and it's been well documented about the problems with Pioneer decks. It is strongly advised not to even buy them because of this. Unfortunately I don't think Eclipse has their act together when it comes to build quality, but the sound quality of the head unit was great.

I bought a Sony DSX-S100 this time for about $250. It has a flip down face with a 'tune-tray' in which I can insert my Iphone/ipod/Usb and close the face back up. Takes a whole iphone! Single DIN too. People can say whatever they want about Sony, and the xplod stuff was crap back in the day, and it sorta still is a bit... but I'm really happy with my purchase for the price. Has 3x RCA outs and apparently a 120db SNR (which is why I bought it).

I have a Digital Designs S2 @ 2200w RMS+ running a DD9918 off that head unit and it's beautiful.