View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Jaded

Im fairly lucky to have travelled a bit in my life...

Malaysia - KL was hot and stinky and busy.. but the east coast was absolutely beautiful.. beaches out of this world.

NZ- we used to have a house there as well.... but that was when i was little... all i remember was trying to skim stones on lake tekapo... having a ball haha

Japan - (before I was into cars at age 15) had an absolute ball.,.,. so much to see and do... went skiing there also.... hard to believe the difference from the business of capital cities and denser areas to the mountains where the are is so pure and everything so clean and white snow! Being able to find absolutely anything you want in a vending machine is also a novelty.

Africa - Probably my favourite holiday so far... so cheap... total culture shock... Im not sure Id recommend going it alone.. or without a local. I have rellies over there who know where NOT to go... some parts can be very dodgy. Safari was out of this world... seeing a lion/giraffe/elephants etc all wandering around in natural environment is a whole different level from going to the Zoo. If you do go on safari... make sure you go on a night time one as well... many of the animals only come out at night! - but pack the most extreme fly/mossie repellent available !! CApe Town is absolutely gorgeous... similar to perth but cheaper and with water so cold you literally cant swim in it without getting a cramp.

Thailand - Ive done a fair bit of thailand over the last couple of trips there... also a bit of culture shock,,.. once you get over the seediness of seeing beautiful young thai girls with fat american old businessmen its a nice place. soooooo cheap for shopping ! Id recommend a visit to chinatown (only open sunday) they have the silver and gold markets... silver is 1/3 the price it is here.. stock up !!

i think that will do me for now.... Europe is next on my list.. organising my british passport as we speak