Thread: Cops on strike?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:00 PM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlyn
I am a cop and you just dont get 138 sick days to take off at your whim, you have to be injured at work or seriously sick to get sick days off. All days have to be accompanied with a Doctors certificate.

The reason why we have so many is because we have no workers compenstation scheme, so if you get hurt arresting someone then you can use your sick days and still get paid. As you now it takes alot longer than 138 days to recover when your shot, so the rest of the days off you have to pay for yourself, no pay. As with the justice system what others have said is all too true, we bust ourselves day in day out and the judge just gives the offender a 200 fine for assaulting a Police Officer. Maybe now you understand why we are after a pay rise
200 fine for assaulting a copper, gee I wish I ended up with that. I copped a face full of spit in the face (eyes/mouth etc) from less than a foot away and the little stain on the mattress of society got a 12 month cbo. Fukn bullshit. I'm just glad the fuka didn't have Hep C or anything else like that.