View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Just my opinion but if you are losing weight and eating proper food then I'd stick to that. Have a look at the Calories per serve on the shakes and try and match it with healthy food, that way you will learn what you need and make it a habit, rather than relying on a shake. I think shakes have their place but more as a last resort, ie you haven't been able to get something decent. You don't want to be relying on them 2-3 times a day as eventually you will get sick of them and then you wouldn't have learnt anything / changed any habits.
If it takes a bit longer then so be it, but the weight will stay off if you learn what's needed.
True, I totally agree with that.

I just want to try it for a couple of weeks to help move some of the bulk.
I think also for me with changing my habits has been as simple as grabbing a piece of fruit as opposed to a biscuit or a chocolate. Not ordering a large meal, water instead of soft drink and not eating all the chips if any at all.

For me, I think going out of my way to do at least 30mins of exercise each day has been the big thing, not nessacarily smashing bulk weights, big rides or whatever.

I'm still lapping the guy sitting on the couch 3 months ago.