View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
Im going the opposite way to you guys trying to stack lean weight on.

Ive gone from 63.5kg around 12 weeks ago to 71kg. Still at similar fat levels as to where i was 63.5kg.

I have cut out alot of cardio and focuss on heavy weights 5 days a week for different muscle groups.

Ive been having 3 shakes a day of around 600 calories (1800 per day) each plus around 2000 calories of good food.

I am wanting to get to around 75-80kg lean muscle, but my weight increase is now much slower i.e 1kg in 2 weeks.

Anyway to increase this value further.
If you've put on 8kg in 3 months, just keep doing what you're doing. gains are going to plateau but thats a fact of life. If anything dont be scared to put on a bit of fat as its going to be easier to put on a bit of muscle, just drop the fat prior to summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Weight loss hasn't been huge, couple of kilos, but the mass is increasing whilst waist measurements are decreasing.

I blame beer ... As I don't eat anything sweet like biscuits or chocolate, I don't drink soft drinks, and my diet is about as organic and healthy as you can get including two to three seafood/fish meals a week. However, I am hungry almost all the time now and I have even resorted to eating breakfasts which I haven't done in nearly 15 years.

In the end I'm stoked that post sessions recovery time is almost non existent and I'm putting in longer and longer cardio sessions before Burke gets to torture me. Today was 40 minutes on the treadmill at 5.5Km/h averaging 6 degree incline and then 30 minutes on the weights. Just got back and looking for food
Andrew, I think the biggest win for you right now is that you are actually healthier. all the aesthetic benefits will come later, especially once the muscale gain tapers and you see the results on the scales. The fact that people are noticing that you've lost weight is the biggest indicator but mentally everyone loves to see the scales move.
You have come along way, your sessions are by no means easy as I want to maintain my cunt reputation and you get through it, plus the extra that you do. Your heart and lungs will be loving you for it, the fact that I've banned you from any ciggies prior to our training sessions and you obliging is a credit to your dedication to the cause. Have come a long way from the sissy weights and 10 ab crunches custard guts.

ahhh, memories.