Thread: New to tuning
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Streetwise at standard level

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Will put pics up tomorrow as the lighting at my house isn't the best. The vehicle has a wrx-perth sticker on it so I'm assuming the previous owner is a member of this forum? Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but the previous plates on the car where custom black and reed nevrenuf if you have any info on the car please share? In regards to my setup I think I will aim for 400hp.. I was aiming 450 cause my brother has an r33 skyline making 430 atw which I wouldn't mind giving a run for its money but if 450 seems too unrealistic 400 will have to do. Im gonna stick with the FMIC and put out a bigger turbo on it. E85 would be nice but have heard a few different stories about the e85 on pump in wa?

Quick question: When I test drove the car the guy I brought it of said not to engine brake the car as it had been tuned not to be able to do that. Is that possible? If so why aren't I aloud to? Or is there something else likely wrong with it? It makes a quite grinding noise when engine braking. Of it's the tune then I'm going straight to a good tuner to get that removed. Once again thanks for all the positive feedback most of you have given (: