Thread: Back in a WRX
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2014, 11:22 AM
STI Master

Damo69 at standard level

OK so the car is back in my possession and i gave it a bit of a clean last night. has been at galvsport since the day I bought it due to the monster tacho removal fail.

they performed the following:-
removal of shitty gauges and get it running again
oil, filter, coolant (flush) etc
for some reason it had RX brakes fitted to the front so we changed them out to WRX Brakes, new rotors, pads, lines and fluid
removed 4 car alarms / immobilisers and left me with one - all wired up as leb spec as the monster tacho
removed a few kms of un needed wiring from the car
confirmed it does indeed have a 207 - checked the timing belt etc and its brand new
replaced tie rod ends
and fixed a few other yolo bits and pieces.

last night it threw an engine code, so went back this morning to see it was not dokking and it was a faulty cam sensor - so switched that up.

highly recommend the guys at galvsport, pleasure to deal with and I have used for all my cars including my RB28 R32 GTR.

now we have a baseline of a mechanically clean car, I will be hunting down the parts to shoot for around 300whp. - thinking of picking up a kinguwana TDO5 - 18G, although china turbo several people have pushed out 550whp+ on the RB engines with serious track time using the kinguwana brand turbo, so I have no reason to suspect the Subaru models would be an issue.

few de lebbed pictures, still need a new bonnet, mirrors and possible a wingless boot.

60.7 Long Track at Barbs
57.6 at RAC Reverse circuit.