Thread: Future of PWRX
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

As part of the oldies (I'm 45) and only having my Subie for 5 years the wealth of real (as opposed to FB knowledge) is this group I hope sees this continue.

When I joined here the seemed to be a strained relationship between PWRX and WRXOCWA. which was odd as there were a number who were members of both and most played very nicely with each other.

Highlights of our year were events like the WRXOCWA driver training weekends both here in Collie and in Perth, WROCWA cruises eg York and PWRX day in Collie and the McRae cruise. All well behaved, good well run events and you could see the level of detail put into these events. (And the lack of D!(kheads factor)

Over the years I've seen a number of events organised, lots of enthusiasm when the event is first announced, but for those that cost a few $$$ people not paying and dropping out, causing issues with the organisers ensuring the event breaks even.

A few options, and they have been mentioned earlier, look at the events that are being held, and organised. Join in and pay the money (if required) ie support those events that are currently happening.

Look outside the box. Collie Motorsports Group is looking at 8-9 track days next year. This year they cost $90 for non CMG members if you have the LS2 licence, usually there were less than 20 cars so you could do a massive number of laps. (these events were subsidised by a few knuckle drager events) These were advertised a few times here by myself, and on WA Trackdays.

I also organised a cruise down this way the past few years, advertised on WRXCOWA, mainly as they were my first cruises organised for the black top, but will be advertised here next year, but thats in spring.

If you guys like, I could be redone in say Autumn, looking at 250km for the cruise with lunch in Nannup. Plus what ever your Km needed to get to Bunbury. (Really no different for what we do for the York McRae cruise)

Other options are looking at a general get together and cruise to established events, eg tomorrows Perth Speed Festival, and others (historics mentioned earlier), racing online, Friday lunch times. All cheap but social things that buils the network.

Really it takes a few to step up and help out, a few more to support/help out the organisers, and a few more to turn up, and off you go.

Talking in generalisations here, FB someone else wll do those bits, I'll say I'll go but will make my mind up when I wake up on the day.

Lots of Cudos to those who support this forum. I won't mention them as I'm sure to miss someone. The Subie group is a really good group, (perhaps doing a burnout at a shopping centre car park isn't really an AWD thing)

Talk to each other, (not abuse) play nice and have fun.

Tim

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/