View Single Post
Old 28-03-2016, 04:37 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Hey man that sucks. I'm sure it's a simple accident though. They look like great quality!
I figured out the issue, and got them to fit. The shafts are too long, because the actual axle bar can be pressed further into the inner CV. So all i had to do was bash the axle bar further into the CV by giving it some love with a block of wood. I presume the reason they are like this is so that no matter what setup they go, the CV will always be close in to compressed. And if it ever needs more compression, the axle bar simply pushs into the CV further. Its a wierd setup.

I got the inner stub to lock into the LSD by grinding a larger chamfer/taper on the tip. This allowed it to pop properly into the diff and lock in place.

And with the outer stub being too long, i put 2 axle nuts on. The first one i cut off the outer lip so its flat. Then torqued it up. Then i put the second nut on top. Torqued it down and punched it into the groove. I gave the second nut more torque than the first so it really locked in. It wont over tighten the bearing because the first nut is already set in place. So the 2 nuts should probably hold it in place better now. (Every couple of race meets i used to have to re-torque the axle nuts because they would actually unwind with all the abuse i give it. So it will be interesting to see if i still have that issue now.)