View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 03:58 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
I figure it's a good way for me to keep track of my progress by updating my forum threads, plus it isn't a bad way for people to learn and adopt ideas to their own cars.

No point having all these photos, ideas and information and not share it around. To be honest forums are how I planned / learnt how I painted my brakes, painted my rocker cover and do various DIY stuff.

DAM RIGHT.

Everybody should take a read of that statement and sit down and think 'OK, I am on this forum (or any other)...what can I do to help others? Or am I just here to read the solution I want; and leave. Or worse become a member, put down a post that drags another member into hours of constant discussion and explanation...and then bail and never even thank them!!

Or worse than that trash everyone's post.....or worse than that; take shots at a noob who tries to be humble and positive as he introduces himself and makes it clear that whilst very interested in the forum he is still way out of his depth 'technically' so apologies for the 'noobidity'. So you jump in and shoot down his choice of car. How do the next generation learn anything or grow up if that's you're 'welcoming words'? Otherwise you're unseen and a number of others here are decent people and are around commenting and encouraging and politely asking questions and supporting the place.

Share what stuff you are doing that you know, question respectfully what you have seen but don't agree with, and if neither of those apply then STFU. If anyone wants any help with car or to a lesser extent home audio (and I can see you have been active in the forum) then I'm retired. I got all the time in the world and I would like to help people. Gimme a query....you'll be surprised how easy it is to get a car stereo installed if you pay for the bits, bring some liquid refreshment l and don't mind a chat.

Impressive statement Dan. In all the forums I'm a member of I don't think I've heard someone really say that properly. If you are not here to have a decent chat or help others or just be positive then...well I'll let everyone else finish that sentence. It rhymes with 'yore a runt, cluck off'.

Peace [emoji106]

Sent by me.