View Single Post
Old 26-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett STI View Post
Hi all,

I'm Brett and used to own a 99 GC8 WRX when I was younger but sold it due to work commitments and moving up north. Picked up a 76 series v8 landcruiser and it was a lot of fun but have since been transferred back to Perth and I am getting the itch to hop back into a wrx.

Just looking into getting a MY18 / MY19 sti spec r and thought i'd re introduce myself. Not looking for massive power or anything, probably a stage 1 tune and nice exhaust and I'll be happy.

Looking forward to hopefully catching up with some of you guys and going on some cruises

Cheers
G'day mate, nice to meet you

Nice to meet a potential 2015+ owner as well I'm not sure too sure that there are many around here...

I have an MY17 WRX (albeit pending some work...d'oh!). I initially fell for the lesser WRX variant simply because there was a bit more of a 'woot' around for the new style engine back then, and in terms of driving it felt like more fun 'around the streets' (boost and power came on quicker etc.).

It obviously cost a lot less as well! The dollars weren't the problem (I paid cash for mine brand new...); it was more to do with my personal feelings that a lot of the price tag for the STi seemed to be in cosmetics.

That's what I said back then though...actually just had a look at the Subaru website now. I was going to say that given a couple more years of knowledge about the FA20DIT's issues an STi with an exhaust and a tune may have been a better idea...

I just quickly looked at the main page; but $64k for a Spec R and $44k for a base model...$57k for the base STi...I wonder if that pricing hints at how Subaru feel about the DI version? All the same $20k (or $13k) is a few dollars; I'm actually really surprised.

Each to their own mate - buy what you will enjoy and love it, I mean no offence! - but that kind of extra coin for a Spec R is a bit..I don't know what extras the models have on them but I'll have a look now

Regardless, nice to meet you mate