Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Major service 100k (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/10905-major-service-100k.html)

Evo2 03-07-2007 10:49 PM

AntonRX my gf's dad is the head mechanic at Swan Auto in Maddington :D

EVERYthing got done that needed to be done, trust me!

Even a few gauges fitted also! haha :D

Evo2 03-07-2007 10:50 PM

oh and AntonRX all my parts were genuine subi parts too! :D

chee 03-07-2007 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=lebrunt]hey mate if u do go through subaru dont go to wangara. they put a new diff in my car and it wore out in 20,000ks because there wasn't ne free play in it and they wouldn't take ne resposability! depens on who u trust! look into RSR performance ive heard nothing but great things about them so ill be getting mine done there sometime in the next week or 2 and i was quoted $1100 using genuine subi parts.[/QUOTE]

gd diffs are prone to failure?

ie joe had to go through 2 of them to get one that was decent?

chee 03-07-2007 11:02 PM

hahaha swan autos.

hahahahaha.

Evo2 03-07-2007 11:11 PM

hahahaha u pay your price and ill pay mine :D everyones happy!

uglycong 03-07-2007 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=lebrunt]hey mate if u do go through subaru dont go to wangara. they put a new diff in my car and it wore out in 20,000ks because there wasn't ne free play in it and they wouldn't take ne resposability! depens on who u trust! look into RSR performance ive heard nothing but great things about them so ill be getting mine done there sometime in the next week or 2 and i was quoted $1100 using genuine subi parts.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by "wasn't any free play "? had my rear diff fixed recently and it died a week and a half later. getting it fixed next week again but I think its a dodgy part rather than a dodgy mech.

lebrunt 05-07-2007 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=uglycong]what do you mean by "wasn't any free play "? had my rear diff fixed recently and it died a week and a half later. getting it fixed next week again but I think its a dodgy part rather than a dodgy mech.[/QUOTE]

i dont know the exact mechanics of if but when it was pulled out my mate said that the center part of it should have a slight movement from where u join it to the axel kinda like free play in a cluch and because it didn't whenever i went around a corner the bearings were wearing out hence the premature replacement.

pete gopal 05-07-2007 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=chee]hahaha swan autos.

hahahahaha.[/QUOTE]
+1 on that hahaha

besides how many times is evo2 going to mention his cheap 200k service?? Must be like 3rd thread by now...free advertising :D

muggz 05-07-2007 12:51 PM

I agree with Chee... subaru diffs are dodge... .got one replaced at 25k that was on an STi. I dont believe one diff would fix it.. more like 2-3 before you get the right one. The only weakness in my opinion!

and with Swan Auto's i heard nothing but good things from them... [B]errrr nooo[/B]... i think putting an incorrect clutch into a car and doing so without using common logic and changing the rear main seal is not cool :thatswck: ... i would recommend anyone intending to use Swan auto's to bypass and go to my local veterinarian :)

P.s. i thought this was a thread about 100k servicing... so lets keep it that way... just go anywhere else but swan auto :) how about that for free advertising!

vivioman 11-12-2007 11:16 PM

For those who have used Blue Star for their 100K service, did you have it done at your place or did you have to bring the car down to his workshop in Wangara?