Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

tino thats awsm. ur pulling over 500nm for just about half the rev range!
'area under the curve' is sexy
Old 23-03-2010, 10:11 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Tino, howd you overcome the oil pooling issue? Numbers looking good thus far, be great to see it in action.
Old 23-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Here's a pic of the Tilton 225mm twin plate clutch mounted to the Jim Berry modified 6 speed flywheel. It's not rattly, and not hard to drive (even though Tino stalled it 3 times)

It was already mounted to the engine when he sent the papparazzi 'round to take bathroom spec pics so we had to improvise!

Tino insisted I drive it, although I was nervous some dick would crash into me or I'd blow something up. Even conserving the revs it's bloody rapid. It makes a NOISE from the twin 'gates like nothing else. People turn to look at where the noise was, because you've already left the scene!

I realise the HP number is important for the magazine article (they all lie anyway) but I reckon at 4,5 or 6 hundred horsepower it'll be just as fun to drive. Get some miles on the thing, get some enjoyment from driving it before winter sets in.
Old 23-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT View Post
Tino, howd you overcome the oil pooling issue? Numbers looking good thus far, be great to see it in action.
We put a timer on the scavenge pump once the car turned off to pump any oil back into the block.. Its worked fine thus far as long as it goes for around 2.5 mins.. 30secs is definately not enough..
Old 23-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Here's a pic of the Tilton 225mm twin plate clutch mounted to the Jim Berry modified 6 speed flywheel. It's not rattly, and not hard to drive (even though Tino stalled it 3 times)

It was already mounted to the engine when he sent the papparazzi 'round to take bathroom spec pics so we had to improvise!

Tino insisted I drive it, although I was nervous some dick would crash into me or I'd blow something up. Even conserving the revs it's bloody rapid. It makes a NOISE from the twin 'gates like nothing else. People turn to look at where the noise was, because you've already left the scene!

I realise the HP number is important for the magazine article (they all lie anyway) but I reckon at 4,5 or 6 hundred horsepower it'll be just as fun to drive. Get some miles on the thing, get some enjoyment from driving it before winter sets in.
hahaha dougie u forgot to write makeshift bathroom spec

Speaking of stalling ask Sean how many times he stalled it to get it on the dyno..

I agree peak numbers arent important, and know that pump fuel is shit really need to put it on race fuel to see how efficient the setup really is.

It will be making a driving appearance at rexpo all going to plan...

And yes the noise of the gates is unbelievable and unbeliebly loud... or maybe im just getting old..
Old 24-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Sign me up!

Just seen some of the post on my build thread on Nasoic and Geoff from full race seems to think that my 3inch cat is the biggest restriction causing the bottle neck. I have spoken to Tony Knight about this also and he came to the same conclusion that the cat and the 3inch exhaust is causing a big bottleneck high up in the rev range.

So looking at replacing my titanium exhaust with a 3.5inch/4inch variety and maybe quietening it down with an extra muffler?? thoughts?
Old 24-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Put a test pipe / race pipe in for a dyno run and see what the gains are?
Old 24-03-2010, 09:23 AM