Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-12-2006, 09:12 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

East Perth are pricks about it, the guy got in the car and saw the guage pod wasnt making an impedence to the drivers vision so he moved the seat back till there was, prick!

Welshpool always seems the go...
Old 21-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza
As you don't actually have a yellow sticker, just getting an inspection, do they have the power to put your car off the road, i.e. give you a canary when you have come in of your own accord???????
Only if its a shitta. Even if some things are illegal, they will only warn you. If its cleary dangerous, they will give you yellow love (as they should too!)

No pits will pass a loudish BOV. They hate em... Exhaust can go either way. Last three times i've passed with a much louder exhaust and no cats (or even shells!) and this time i tried to make it quiet and put cats et al back in and they reckon its still too loud!

Also go in the morning, as early as possible to avoid 3hr lines. Tomorrow i am going at 8am.. I went past the pits at warwick today and the line at midday was at least 40 cars (although only 3 had yellows).

I've always gone to Warwick. I guess it all depends on the bloke you get. Some make a major fuss of the tiniest issue while others are a bit more laid back.

Last edited by Mat; 21-12-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 21-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Just a idea on how much some companies wanted to charge me for insurance.

SGIO - Wont Insure
RAC - $905
GIO - Wont Insure
Western QBE - $1250
Just Car Insurance - $1350
Shannons - $1900
Old 21-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

dude i goto welshpool have no probs i get the younger looking guy had him twice now and he gave me permits with out even looking at the car. really good guy.

best way to go.

oh and rac ftw all mods covered no pits inspection
Old 21-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Go with Shannons.

I pay 1600 a yr, all mods listed, no pits required.

BTW do NOT go to East Perth, almost knocked the guy out last time, when he couldnt work out whether my stock headlight bulbs were BLUE or not!!!! He spent about 5 minutes deliberating, then called another guy to have a look. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-12-2006, 10:00 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

i have been to welshpool, oconner, warwick and east perth pits in my short time behind the wheel, and honestly... east perth were the best. go on a friday arvo around 3:30 and try get in as last car, so they r all excited for the weekend... and u wont get a rough deal.

as for insurance.. i listed (not major mods but..) all my stereo gear, 2 amps, subs, tv screen, dvd player and mags and RAC were fine with that (i paid more per month as expected) but then i told them about my category 4 alarm and it dropped the price back down to below what i was paying b4.

And i have had nothing but great service from the RAC... and that was b4 i got a contact on the inside!
Old 21-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Hard Lessons learnt:

1 - Insure with Shannons if you even think you are going to do some form of Motorsport with your car. They will cover you for events so long as its not a timed event. Not too expensive so long as you have a good driving record.

2 - Second option is RAC who will cover just about any mod on your car, they sometimes will want to have a look at one of their inspection centres but you WILL NOT be required to go over the pits.

3 - Don't even try and go over the pits with a low low car or externally venting BOV. If you car is anywhere near lower than a coke can your asking for trouble. BOV forget about it.

I had not problems with a MMS 3" exhaust over the pits in East Perth. Pillar mounted boost guage was no probs either. This too was on a Friday.

RAC big big thumbs up. Very helpfull.

J
Old 21-12-2006, 10:08 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

oh yer and while ur there Jaron.. if u go... get permits for everything.. not that it means fuck all coz i watched "constable cock wallet" (no offence giddy, but some officers abuse their power!) tear my permit up infront of my face... then fine me $100 for something that was on that torn up permit.
Old 21-12-2006, 11:15 PM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

from my recent experience, my car went in for tints (one item). i took it to whelshpool and then got stung with 6 extra items, one of them being too low. sif my car was low the khunt.

east perth on 2nd inspection was a treat. didn't check much but did ask if i addressed everything.

i wouldn't go back to whelshpool.
Old 21-12-2006, 11:40 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

krazcool at standard level

I'm under the impression that BOV are considered illegal and most insurance companies won't even insure it. And if they do...I'm afraid they'll turn around and bite my ass with my BOV if I had to make a claim. I had a good quote from HBF for my V5 STi but when I ask them about BOV...I start getting all the "eerr" and "uummm".

I'm with Just Cars because They cover ALL mods. I had no problem with them so far.

Tags
pits