Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Local Motorsport (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/)
-   -   2014 Quit Targa West (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/local-motorsport/58090-2014-quit-targa-west.html)

nauli 11-08-2014 10:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ready for competition duties....

RUSSGT 11-08-2014 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=Saint_23;805747]Ready for course car duties again this year.

[/QUOTE]
Nice Dave. What does it involve? How fast do you go on the stages? Do you do all stages?

beernuts 11-08-2014 10:41 AM

What people need to realise is that the cars that proceed the rally cars aren't just there for a bit of fun or a free entry into an event.

If I'm the first car after the Advanced or 000, 00, or 0 cars, I want to be confident that they have done their jobs right. To ensure the safety of the following drivers and Co drivers and most importantly the spectators. If they are not there for these purposes and only to see how fast they are going or comparing times with the actual racers then they need to have a rethink as to why they are there. Especially if they only have a bolt in or semi attached roll cage.

Saint_23 11-08-2014 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=RUSSGT;805769]Nice Dave. What does it involve? How fast do you go on the stages? Do you do all stages?[/QUOTE]

Involves proceeding through the stages at the time of road closure to ensure that stage teams, tag & tape, road closures, sos, chichane, etc are all getting in place and setup as required. We assist with tagging gates, bunting of roads, looking for any potential risks. ie. random car parked on a stage, spectators in areas they shouldn't be in, etc. We also carry extra equipment for the teams.

Yes, we do every stage except the Perth city stage on the Sunday, generally at road speeds.

[QUOTE=beernuts;805771]What people need to realise is that the cars that proceed the rally cars aren't just there for a bit of fun or a free entry into an event.

If I'm the first car after the Advanced or 000, 00, or 0 cars, I want to be confident that they have done their jobs right. To ensure the safety of the following drivers and Co drivers and most importantly the spectators. If they are not there for these purposes and only to see how fast they are going or comparing times with the actual racers then they need to have a rethink as to why they are there. Especially if they only have a bolt in or semi attached roll cage.[/QUOTE]

I don't know anyone on the course car team that is out there to see how fast they are going etc.
Most have been fulfilling their respective roles for years and know exactly why they are there.

Jeckle 11-08-2014 12:47 PM

And as possibilly the third car out on Saturday, we do appreciate all of the efforts of the officials, both in cars and those on the side of the road, and those in areas where they won't see much at sll.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

RUSSGT 11-08-2014 01:12 PM

Good info! Thanks

Jezza 12-08-2014 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=nauli;805767]Ready for competition duties....[/QUOTE]

Big fan of these wheels!

scary 12-08-2014 08:25 AM

Did Recce yesterday - whole thing in just over 8 hours

Couple of evenings re writing notes and I'll be ready for Australia's longest autokhana

lachy294 12-08-2014 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]13265[/ATTACH]

Here's what I'm co driving in for targa. Excited to be competing in my first targa west, only a few things to clean up and we'll be good to go :)

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

nauli 12-08-2014 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=lachy294;805878][ATTACH]13265[/ATTACH]

Here's what I'm co driving in for targa. Excited to be competing in my first targa west, only a few things to clean up and we'll be good to go :)

using the Perth-WRX mobile app[/QUOTE]

Simon's got it looking very nice! A few of my old '06 bits & pieces on that car...