Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   steering problems (bugeye) (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/43962-steering-problems-bugeye.html)

Slap Dash 08-08-2011 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=Latenitez;594917]ha ha Im Jordon i work at rac joondalup tims my manager[/QUOTE]

Ahhh no shit aye, Small world :D least we know you have better taste then ya manager in cars :p

Latenitez 08-08-2011 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=Slap Dash;594918]Ahhh no shit aye, Small world :D least we know you have better taste then ya manager in cars :p[/QUOTE]

ha ha you are def right there mate, how is your beast treating you.

Slap Dash 08-08-2011 09:42 PM

Bloody Great :D

Hopefully you get yours all sorted. Let us all know how it goes & Fingers crossed its nothing too bad.

Latenitez 08-08-2011 10:07 PM

yea cheers bud will do

Latenitez 09-08-2011 09:33 AM

well fluids seem fine, have sat there and put in full lock both left and right on the spot and a bit of creeking coming from the front of the car, it feels like a stiff loose stiff loose feeling.

Slap Dash 09-08-2011 09:41 AM

Definitely have it looked into mate. Hoist that shit up and have a professional get under it and take a look.. Could be a variety of things leading to the Suspension issues you already have to the Control arms or another issue etc.

Best advice anyone here can give :D

Latenitez 09-08-2011 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Slap Dash;595010]Definitely have it looked into mate. Hoist that shit up and have a professional get under it and take a look.. Could be a variety of things leading to the Suspension issues you already have to the Control arms or another issue etc.

Best advice anyone here can give :D[/QUOTE]

agreed :D cheers bro

SyncSubaru 09-08-2011 10:30 AM

Im going to go and see Dougie about it in my case. You can steer my girlfriends 2007 Impreza with a pinky finger - my GC8 is nowhere near as easy. Im having to really fight with it at the moment..

dtrally 09-08-2011 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=SyncSubaru;595037]Im going to go and see Dougie about it in my case. You can steer my girlfriends 2007 Impreza with a pinky finger - my GC8 is nowhere near as easy. Im having to really fight with it at the moment..[/QUOTE]

Her car is a GX, yours is a WRX. WRX has a 'quicker' ratio hence heavier steering than a GX. Your steering felt normal last time I drove your car but I'll happily look at it and advise if it's faulty. Sometimes the strut top bearing fails, sometimes noobs leave the special washer out of the strut top, both will cause weird steering.

SyncSubaru 09-08-2011 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=dtrally;595355]Her car is a GX, yours is a WRX. WRX has a 'quicker' ratio hence heavier steering than a GX. Your steering felt normal last time I drove your car but I'll happily look at it and advise if it's faulty. Sometimes the strut top bearing fails, sometimes noobs leave the special washer out of the strut top, both will cause weird steering.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for that Dougie - Figured they would be the same.

I have noticed its a bit stiffer than what it usually is - is all. I think like i mentioned I was iffy about my suspension a couple of months ago - suspect thats more the case.

The only 'noob' who touches that shiz is you my friend =) Will drop by and say howdy! Im hoping to get the HSD's from Joe - you can fit em for me :p