Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Now to wait and see what 'penalty' the AFL dishes out to the Eagles.

What I don't understand is why a club needs to be penalised for off-season problems of a player. Given that other players in the AFL have actually tested positive for drugs, yet there is a media cover up of that straight away (can't have the Victorian teams looking bad now can we) the Eagles seem to be getting a harsh time over Ben.

Personally I say it is time for the AFL to come clean. Zero tolerance to any drugs what so ever (3 strikes rule seems way to lenient). Perhaps if they are harsh on all teams and players, the future generations won't be looking up to and aspiring to be a drug user.

They should have zero policy on everything not just football code.. What about ur workplace and mine, etc etc.. That is what is called descrimination...

I think that ppl in the public eye are stupid if they get caught and should be more descrete to their actions, but u cant go around saying that there should be a zero policy when the rest of australia dosent..

This would send a precident to the courts and open the employer up to litigation..
Old 17-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

all i can say is that hopefully they'll get into mr "I'm innocent, its the police vendetta against me" and the likes

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 17-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

well luckily it looks like the eagles are not gonna pay for cousins mistakes now, will keep points an the draft picks we got for judd etc.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=306576

persoanlly i think the only reason why they wont penalise the eagles is because its happened in the off season BREAK for players and staff, when they are all off on their own. If it happened during pre season, pre season training or the main season, it would of been different.

Last edited by Adr3naL1N; 17-10-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 17-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
They should have zero policy on everything not just football code.. What about ur workplace and mine, etc etc.. That is what is called descrimination...

I think that ppl in the public eye are stupid if they get caught and should be more descrete to their actions, but u cant go around saying that there should be a zero policy when the rest of australia dosent..

This would send a precident to the courts and open the employer up to litigation..
Well I don't know many mine sites that allow you near the place when you record a positive result. Is that discrimination? Hell no.

It is an illegal activity and IMO it shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. Working in the construction industry there is nothing worse than some high as a kite loser walking around causing a danger not just to himself but everyone else.

Celebrities (including sports people) are glamorizing the use of drugs and only ever seen getting a slap on the wrist. This just sets the wrong example for future generations.

/end rant
Old 17-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

The dole crew should be drug tested too. Positive result, no dole.
Old 17-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Well I don't know many mine sites that allow you near the place when you record a positive result. Is that discrimination? Hell no.

It is an illegal activity and IMO it shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. Working in the construction industry there is nothing worse than some high as a kite loser walking around causing a danger not just to himself but everyone else.

Celebrities (including sports people) are glamorizing the use of drugs and only ever seen getting a slap on the wrist. This just sets the wrong example for future generations.

/end rant

Yes but that is a safety concern foremost, in terms of operating machinery etc (ppl have died or caused death and that was why those measures were implicated).. But u cant tell me that a football player has died on the job, i.e training or playing football..

Thats where the difference lies. the same with desk jobs etc...
Old 17-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT
LOL, going back many years i remember seeing basil off his chops in the 'big apple' in east perth, many times over....HAHAHAHAHAHA old habits die hard. Sux to be in the limelight.
yeah i heard from many people basil is a bad boy...his 'coke' parties apparently are quite popular

Old 17-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
Yes but that is a safety concern foremost, in terms of operating machinery etc (ppl have died or caused death and that was why those measures were implicated).. But u cant tell me that a football player has died on the job, i.e training or playing football..

Thats where the difference lies. the same with desk jobs etc...
Sorry Tino, I don't get your point?

Are you saying those people who knowing use and sell drugs should have no consequences as they are not potentially harming someone? Three strikes is a very lenient stance that the AFL takes on drugs. Naming and shaming with penalties should happen the first time they are caught. I'm sure that would make some players think twice before they do anything.
Old 17-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Sorry Tino, I don't get your point?

Are you saying those people who knowing use and sell drugs should have no consequences as they are not potentially harming someone? Three strikes is a very lenient stance that the AFL takes on drugs. Naming and shaming with penalties should happen the first time they are caught. I'm sure that would make some players think twice before they do anything.
Agree! aren't drugs illegal?? so why is it legal/ok to do it twice in the AFL and only get punished after the 3rd time?

Maybe there should be 3 strike policies for other stuff??? Speeding, burnouts, stealing maybe even murder eh? all of these are illegal...

Old 17-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

I like the 3 strike muder deal. As above, tino, maybe u just trying to cover your drug selling operation

Tags
ass, ben, cousins