Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

[QUOTE=V3 RA;537354] The Hydroxycut probably has something to do with that too but my metabolism is screaming along. [QUOTE]

I was using Hydroxycut - Had to come off it as it was giving me killer headaches!

I dont think it does a lot for metabolism. They are just extreme caffiene and some other stuff. I didnt see results ..
Old 28-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Yeah I have seen P90X - Havnt used it myself though - I just do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Basically allows you to prevent your body from getting used to your energy needs by mixing it up frequently, so the body almost always burns energy from the fat reserves.

My program is 5minutes of walking to warm up, then you sprint for a minute, and drop back to walking for 2 minutes. Next, sprint again for 1 minute, but it has to be a different speed than the first one.

Also, the sprinting is useless if you arent pushing yourself hard.

Do 4 or 5 loops of that and then 3 minutes walking to cooldown.

If i remember correctly, HIIT helps your body continue to burn extra fat for a day or two afterwards.

EDIT - 100cm Waist (109cm around at my bellybutton) - Ouch
Old 28-02-2011, 09:03 PM

RichX knows their stuff

HIIT is good, if you're ready to hurt. Good way to ramp up and increase your man-status at the beep test also. *shudder*
Old 28-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
Yeah I have seen P90X - Havnt used it myself though - I just do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Basically allows you to prevent your body from getting used to your energy needs by mixing it up frequently, so the body almost always burns energy from the fat reserves.

My program is 5minutes of walking to warm up, then you sprint for a minute, and drop back to walking for 2 minutes. Next, sprint again for 1 minute, but it has to be a different speed than the first one.

Also, the sprinting is useless if you arent pushing yourself hard.

Do 4 or 5 loops of that and then 3 minutes walking to cooldown.

If i remember correctly, HIIT helps your body continue to burn extra fat for a day or two afterwards.

EDIT - 100cm Waist (109cm around at my bellybutton) - Ouch
Yep, I can vouch for interval training. Works great! How I lost my weight.
In saying that though, it doesn't have to be a sprint, it just needs to be high intensity, so if a fast jog is enough to bring your heart rate up high, then that is just as effective, having a heart rate monitor helps with this as the fitter you get, the harder you need to push.
Old 28-02-2011, 11:25 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Camm at standard level

Hi guys i have read snipets of this thread with interest and have now decided to add my 2 cents. ive tried hydroxy cut too Rich X but i tried hydroxy cut hardcore. Yes it works but i think for me the weight loss was only continuous while i was on it - regardless of diet and cardio levels. Also i think at the end of the day as youve said yourself its full of caffeine and other shit - caffeine being a diuretic i reckon that a large portion of my weight loss was actually just water. and yer i got major sugar level drops and whatnot while i was on it (if i wasnt careful about when i took hydroxy HC and when i ate).

SyncSubaru, internal training is awesome. I train as a competitive bodybuilder and found that when dieting for a comp interval training was the way to go. to add my 2 bobs worth i found that the best weight loss results i got were from 1 hour sessions of treadmill 5 minutes warming up and then 1 minute of medium paced walking and 1 minute of slow jogging. On my treadie this equated to 1 min of 6.5km and then 1 min of 9km.

also not to brand advertise or anything but if your into your weights training im trying hemorage at the moment and i can tell you that that shit is proper potent. works like nothing ive ever tried but definitely not for the faint hearted/beginners
Old 14-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

WRX-911 at standard level

hey guys, some really good stories on how guys turned around the KG's into KM's.

i have too have gotten back into better shape, BUT i have hit a BRICK WALL. i hit the gym 4 times a week & have a solid 1 hour running session on the weekend. but still cant work of the the stomach fat!!

problem is i want to also add some muscle which i have but would like that bit more without losing speed as i play football. suggestions advice? shakes, food, exercises???
cheers
Old 14-03-2011, 01:14 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX-911 View Post
hey guys, some really good stories on how guys turned around the KG's into KM's.

i have too have gotten back into better shape, BUT i have hit a BRICK WALL. i hit the gym 4 times a week & have a solid 1 hour running session on the weekend. but still cant work of the the stomach fat!!

cheers

Yeah i'm at the same point. I don't have much stomach fat, but trying to trim up the stomach is hard.

I am pretty much plateau'd at 85Kg.

I think the only way to reduce this is to go onto a strict as diet (almost calorie count) and excersise like a crazy-as mofo 5-6 times a week (intense sessions) and don't eat/drink anything bad.

Would be nice to do, but i enjoy a life balance, so a little hard for me.

I find it so crazy how quickly you can lose your fitness though - Even having one week out of the gym makes you feel so de-tuned when going for your next big run or workout.
Old 14-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Anyone bodybuilding or trying to put on weight?

When I first decided to start getting into fitness, I was ~182cm tall and weighed 64-65kg. I have always had a stupidly fast metabolism.

My goal is to put on some bulk, but keep it lean muscle. Short term target 70kg, long term target 80kg.

Just been eating lots of protein and carbs, and trying to space out my meals so I can get 6 per day.

Also started using creatine a week or 2 ago, and I am already starting to see it help my progress.
Weighing around 68kg at the moment, hoping to hit 70 in a couple of weeks.
Old 14-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Anyone bodybuilding or trying to put on weight?

When I first decided to start getting into fitness, I was ~182cm tall and weighed 64-65kg. I have always had a stupidly fast metabolism.

My goal is to put on some bulk, but keep it lean muscle. Short term target 70kg, long term target 80kg.

Just been eating lots of protein and carbs, and trying to space out my meals so I can get 6 per day.

Also started using creatine a week or 2 ago, and I am already starting to see it help my progress.
Weighing around 68kg at the moment, hoping to hit 70 in a couple of weeks.
Just be aware that creatine forces water into the muscle which will nett you a 2kg weight increase in the first couple of weeks so don't get too excited.
Stick to eating heaps and keep the weight training going with minimal cardio.
Make sure you don't overtrain eg, make sure you've got a minimum 4 -5 days between training the same muscle groups.
8/10 people actually do too much.

Dont be scared to chuck on a little fat as in your position it'll be easy to strip off come next summer.
Old 14-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

^^ Interested to see how you go there.. I'm built like a twig and can't put on weight/muscle bulk nomatter what I do :-(

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing