Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   up market cars (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/23123-up-market-cars.html)

teejay 07-11-2008 09:22 AM

Drugs.

Any young and successful guy with a car deals for sure.

No exceptions.

My bros mate cooks then in his granny flat in qld, fuck me is he living the life. Rolls in a high roller WRX too

Sethor 07-11-2008 09:28 AM

Why do people keep saying that some people who own exotics got them from drugs, all it would take it a tax investigation and your fucked.

trainwrex 07-11-2008 09:30 AM

Who really cares how they get it... Maybe its from there parents, maybe its from finance.. or MAYBE its from them working for it...

geez so much jealous kunts around these days...

MKVIGTI 07-11-2008 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=JME]There has been a MASSIVE increase in wealth over the last 6 years, a booming economy is there for the taking, seems pretty damn obvious to me.

If you'd prefer a wrx over a 430 ferrari, i'd like to know which crack pipe you're smoking.[/QUOTE]

Hey I would love to drive a ferrari BUT I'm with JME. I worry enough leaving the STi anywhere I would be having heart palpitations if I had to do it with a ferrari. Regularly fill the boot ( and wish it had the split fold rear seats like the classics did ).

Ferrari would be awesome but to stump up the cash to own the thing and actually live with it every day I would take the WRX ( STi of course ). Of course this is based on only being able to afford ONE of them. If you could afford both entirely different story.

207 de 07-11-2008 09:44 AM

Leasing I would guess. Its tax effective and allows you to be flexible depending on your financial situation.

Also, if you are involved in a successful family business it probably makes even more sense and is quite cost effective and good for the business.

Personally, if you or your family can do it and it makes financial sense then you would be mad not to, especially if you had an interest in cars and motorsport.

fmx_rider 07-11-2008 09:55 AM

Ok. Any takers for starting the Perth-Wrx Super-Car club? ;)

[url]http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/FERRARI/360/Perth/detail.aspx?id=9264380&lid=9264380&pg=1&pp=1&d=0&nv=1&SG=-742505813&pt=1[/url]

Only $9400 each...(need 26 people), you all get to drive the car for 14 days per year (2 weeks).

$9400 is pretty cheap for all of you that are living in granny flats......

F*ck buying high end cars on finance (unless under a business for tax reasons). Much better investments out there!

Kato 07-11-2008 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=207 de]Leasing I would guess. Its tax effective and allows you to be flexible depending on your financial situation.

Also, if you are involved in a successful family business it probably makes even more sense and is quite cost effective and good for the business.

Personally, if you or your family can do it and it makes financial sense then you would be mad not to, especially if you had an interest in cars and motorsport.[/QUOTE]

When I have investigated leasing these cars, the costs to have them are through the roof. For instance FBT on average kms per year is 20% (and I doubt you could really claim bulk business usage of a Ferrari).

Maybe one of the accounting guys could explain it a bit better?

Taktics 07-11-2008 10:48 AM

crack is the answer.

American Dave 07-11-2008 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=JME]There has been a MASSIVE increase in wealth over the last 6 years, a booming economy is there for the taking, seems pretty damn obvious to me. [/QUOTE]

Correction, there was a massive increase in wealth but I would suggest that bubble has well and truly burst now.

fmx_rider 07-11-2008 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=American Dave]Correction, there was a massive increase in wealth but I would suggest that bubble has well and truly burst now.[/QUOTE]

Yep I agree, it just might take a while for people to realise. Heard mention of the follow info a few times in West Perth yesterday:

Oct. 30 (Bloomberg) -- In the third quarter of 2007, Volvo AB booked 41,970 European orders for new trucks. Guess how many prospective purchases Volvo, the world's second-biggest maker of heavy rigs, received in the third quarter of this year?

Here's a clue. Picture a highway gridlocked by 41,815 abandoned trucks -- because Volvo's order book got destroyed to the tune of 99.63 percent, with customers signing up for just 155 vehicles in the three-month period, the Gothenburg, Sweden-based company said last week.