Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   what air con do you have (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/30192-what-air-con-do-you-have.html)

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 12:57 AM

definately 10kw & yeah i would have thought it should have its own FUCKING breaker as well, thanks for bringing that up.

although i didnt specifically ask for one so maybe im fucked in that regard....

just tried it on heat, & yeah it got warm air coming outof it - not as much as my 5year old 1hp blueways tho..

just put it back onto aircon/cool & again fuck all really..barely cool, definately not cold.

wtf is going on here?

gas leak?

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 01:00 AM

dnt think its a gas leak, the pipe oustide has ice on it but inside its fucked...

tiddy 20-01-2010 01:10 AM

ring western power and report who ever installed it dude.
that should definately have its own breaker! if it doesnt then thats a major dodgy!
unless you have a sub mains in your house somewhere? another board anywhere? you should have been given paperwork for the electrical too, "Electrical Installation Certificate".... you should have the blue copy.
It will say what work they have done....
ring western power/office of energy, whatever they call them selves now and confirm.

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 01:12 AM

it was a cashy so im probably fucked.. yes?

no i dont have another board anywhere, & no extra breaker was put in of that im certain.

still no cold or cool air out of it although pipe outside has ice on it

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 01:23 AM

[QUOTE=tiddy;424208]ring western power and report who ever installed it dude.
that should definately have its own breaker! if it doesnt then thats a major dodgy! .[/QUOTE]

what if it was a cash job? will western power still be interested?

tiddy 20-01-2010 01:23 AM

cash is just the payment.
you have to get that put on a breaker! otherwise you have an unprotected cable running thru your roof, nothing to protect it from overcurrent. run the risk of burning your house down.

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 01:26 AM

yay..
might as well turn the isolator switch off at the aircon tonight then, thanks for the tip.

so will the threat of western power getting involved make the installer sort this out?
i would hope so!
cheers

tiddy 20-01-2010 01:45 AM

oh yeah western power would have a field day :) haha.
i have sent you a couple of minimum figures for breakers/cable size you should have had installed. enjoy.

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 01:52 AM

thanks for your help,

Im going to refrain from naming/shaming & give those involved to chance sort this mess out ASAP ie today.

thanks again.

NVRENUF 20-01-2010 07:25 AM

Mate if they didnt Bleed the air from the lines when they connected them, then every chance you could have a air block in one of them which is stopping the air going up to the head unit.