Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Great you guys are doing the right thing & stopping this filthy habit but the more I read the more complicated it seems so why the fuck haven't you guys tried the Champix first, it's much cheaper, you keep smoking your analogues then 2ish weeks later & you are off the smokes...... but give up in your own time, trust me they start to taste like shit after a week and you are wishing whatever you are smoking was finished quickly by the end of the second week to the point you just don't feel like lighting up so you don't.

These Vaper things seem like a bit of a pain in the arse novelty that's not really helping that much as you are still sucking in nicotine & putting something in your mouth, I'd say most of you will get sick of them in a couple of months & be back on the real ones again.

I've been clean (lol) for a couple of months, no batteries, no ordering shit from China, no looking like a bit of a cock (honestly) and no carrying shit.

Give the pills a try, the dreams are worth it.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:20 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

+10000 ^^^ over six months now for me and savings of over $2500 easily.

What Tom describes above is exactly how the champix works and best of all the government will now pay the cost (all but $35) of a six month dose if you need it that long.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
qft ^^^ LOL are you grumpy still Andrew ?
Most would probably say YES but ... I feeel much better. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Curious why you guys aren't using products such as Smokestik like Katherine Heigl uses?

Or are these the same but re-branded?

I saw the Letterman interview she did with the e-cig and it seemed pretty nifty.
I think they are basically the same products re-branded at 3-4 times the cost.

E9 from China

Smokstick

Greensmoke

In the end, the issue is with the cartomisers which have a very variable delivery of a smoking experience. Sometimes great, sometimes very poor and often nothing comes out it seems.

E9 Cartomisers - hundreds of choices

Smokstick cartomisers - almost no choices.

The issue is that it takes a certain technique to get good vapour from a cartomiser, assuming it has enough liquid (almost impossible to check on the fly) and that the battery is strong enough to vapourise (again impossible to check on the fly). When everything is new and freshly charged it's great but it slowly but surely sinks downhill

Still - better than 20-30 analogue cigs a day . . . albeit frustrating at times.

Edit - I guess that like some who smoke the occasional stoggie we want to "smoke" but don't want all the deathly consequences. I agree that I'm going to get sick of "vaping" (most likely) on a daily basis but the occasional "vape" will never go astray.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Yeah I stopped the pills full time after about 5 weeks then weaned myself off them over the next couple, that way if I do get weak & start again I have enough to help me stop again (it's a 3 month course, 1 month script then 2 month script) funny thing is I don't really feel any different, taste is the same, energy is still zero, still get urges but they are getting less frequent & much weaker. You feel the same Dave?
I'd probably happily have a vape if it was just for the taste but the fact that it's nicotine I know I'd never get off them & I always smoked in the car so what a pain if it ran out of juice.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:32 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

I'm sure Champix is great for some but I have a real problem with the "a pill to fix all ailments" concept of modern medicine.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:33 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

well, I'm over 1 week down now, which is the longest I have gone without a regular ciggy in almost 5 or 6 years.. (can't remember the last time i 'quit')

the eGo-t is so simple to use. Ross has got me a whole bunch of flavours mixed up, and I know how much will last me a day, I charge the batteries once every 3 or so days (have only charged the unit once since having it) and it's been a smooth and easy transition!
Old 17-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOSE View Post
eGo-T just arrived this morning!

Looking forward to having a "vape" when i get home. Trouble is i dont know what flavour im going to try first.
My absolute Fav is "Juicey Peach" doubler (0% nicotine) from Juicewhore.com, 50/50 mix with 38mg tasteless nicotine = 18mg per ml 1ml= 20 normal cigs....I vape 1 ml per day.

Yes the eGo-T rocks!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 17-03-2011, 04:36 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

I did the full 3 month script which started with one pill a day for the first month and then two a day for the next 2 months. By the end I had no interest in smelling cigs much less tasting or actually smoking one.

I have regained sense of taste and smell. I'm doing light exercises for 45 minutes per day and some cardio work. That is actually helping me regain my energy levels I believe. Started swimming 3 times a week as well and I def have greater lung function now as well.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza View Post
Yeah I stopped the pills full time after about 5 weeks then weaned myself off them over the next couple, that way if I do get weak & start again I have enough to help me stop again (it's a 3 month course, 1 month script then 2 month script) funny thing is I don't really feel any different, taste is the same, energy is still zero, still get urges but they are getting less frequent & much weaker. You feel the same Dave?
I'd probably happily have a vape if it was just for the taste but the fact that it's nicotine I know I'd never get off them & I always smoked in the car so what a pain if it ran out of juice.

All Australian bought juices are 0% nicotine....
1ml of 0% nicotine in an ego-T will last all day.......So,Yes! you can vape for taste & to satisfy the hand to mouth habit....Plenty of people do it for just that reason.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 17-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Curious why you guys aren't using products such as Smokestik like Katherine Heigl uses?

Or are these the same but re-branded?

I saw the Letterman interview she did with the e-cig and it seemed pretty nifty.
Smoke-stick is an e-9 re-brand.

Tags
ciggies, replace, vaper, vaping