Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Welcome to soccer.

FORZA ITALIA!
Why isn't it frowned apon more though?

surely its not good for the sport? Especially in a game where scoring oppourtunities are so few, a penalty given, based on a "dive" can swing a game.

the result is to sensitive to manipulation.

i reckon some type of TV ref would be benificial....
Old 06-07-2006, 12:03 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

e-rex-shon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Welcome to soccer.

FORZA ITALIA!
Adz, I know football all too well, and I have probably played at a higher level than almost anyone on this forum, however the principle still stands in my mind that it is not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.

(And Inzargi, or however you spell his fucking name, has to be one of the biggest poseur, self-important, play-acting, fucked up little nancy boys even to pull on a pair of boots. Absolute 100% cock smoker! I have watched his whole career in Serie A with disgust. Complete tool.)
Old 06-07-2006, 02:43 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

If ur referring to the guy that got the penalty - that was grosso

Thats a part of soccer - its about the minor issues that make the game interesting/controversial. For anyone thats every played the game - in any team - it was a part of EVERY game u play.

Besides - its been beneficial to the game for the sole reason - that you're talking about it, showing interest in the game itself.

But anyways - come sunday - italia!!

My prediction - 2-1 italy
Old 06-07-2006, 03:34 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

No Adz, I know too well it was grosso that got the penalty, I just think Inzargi carries on like a dick.

I have seen so many times one of his team-mates has done 2 or 3 defenders then slotted a brilliant pin-point pass so all he has to do is tap in at the far post, then he runs around like a moron thumping his chest gesturing to the crowd acting like the total hero without even looking or acknowledging the guy that just handed him the goal on a platter! Grade A dickhead

There is no other sport I can think of (with perhaps the exception of hockey) where the outcome of the game can be so dramatically altered by one referee's decision. When the game is won against the balance of play by skill and good team work, then that is a beautiful part of soccer. When it occurs due to diving, shirt pulling, deliberate handball etc that is shit and it is cheating. There is no other name for it and there can be no honour winning like that.

This win at all costs attitude that you seem to condone is wrecking good football. How someone behaves on the sporting field is said to be a very good gauge of a man's character. If this is true what does this say about many of the members of the Italian national team?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rex-shon
This win at all costs attitude that you seem to condone is wrecking good football. How someone behaves on the sporting field is said to be a very good gauge of a man's character. If this is true what does this say about many of the members of the Italian national team?
Dont condone it - simply saying its a part of the game. Thats the beauty of it, it has character. As far as members of the italian team.. lets not forget 10/12 of the socceroo's are european.

I think it is awesome that the game is still determined by 1 human referee.. not 3 umpires running around with a video umpire to backup. It allows for human error, it keeps the game traditional, it keeps it interesting.

The ONLY game this world cup - where its been a controversial win for italy, was that vs australia. Was a 50-50 human decision - some referees would have given that penalty - some wouldnt. I also disagree with the red card that was given during the game. That's also debatable.. but its part of the game.

The last game against germany - italy played the ball for majority of the match, set up plenty of plays, had the best shots on goals. Clearly deserved to win it. They're in top form - just need to keep Luca Toni starting Use del piero as a late sub - its all he's really good for.

Cant wait!

italia!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
STI Master

Pettata at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Thats a part of soccer - its about the minor issues that make the game interesting/controversial.
Aren't the minor issues also the ones that start riots in the stands?
Old 06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rex-shon
Adz, I know football all too well, and I have probably played at a higher level than almost anyone on this forum, however the principle still stands in my mind that it is not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.
What level may i ask? If i played any sport on a competitive level i certainly wouldnt be playing to loose

I guess it stems back to the good old days of barcode (a quality sport in itself!) and british bulldogs. You play to win and stand triumphant amongst lesser men!!

Not that i follow soccer (nor will i ever) but from what i saw, Italy deserved their last win. I just hope they dont win
Old 07-07-2006, 10:23 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
What level may i ask? If i played any sport on a competitive level i certainly wouldnt be playing to loose

Not that i follow soccer (nor will i ever) but from what i saw, Italy deserved their last win. I just hope they dont win
I don't know Mat, from what I hear on the forum you play pretty loose at the Deen on Friday nights, a couple of drinks and your anybody's

Of course you always play to win and play bloody hard, but I am saying you play to win fairly. FYI Mat, I used to play for the top team in Tasmania's state league. Now I hear you scoffing already (wow with two heads they should be fucking good at headers hah hah hah!) but based on the perfromance of our team against the better club teams from Vic, and NSW we would probably equate to the better teams in 2nd division over here, maybe 1st division at a big stretch (no not A-league). It was fairly serious, training 3 times a week etc. Good fun.

I fully agree that Italy deserved their last win against Germany. As you suggested Adz it was the win against Australia that was a bit iffy! And yes I don't think the red card was deserved , but I don't think it did Australia any favours either as Italy just closed up shop after that, which they are one of the best in the world at doing. I also have to admit that Italia were completely ripped off against South Korea in the last world cup, so maybe they deserve some luck from the refs.

Nah, bugger Italy with a red-hot pitchfork............GO FROGGIES!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:39 AM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

"FRANZ Beckenbauer has called for a summit meeting of players, coaches and referees in a bid to stop the "cheating" which has blighted the World Cup."

diving -IS- cheating... and should not be tolerated.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

AND hien there has been cards given to players this would cup for that reason.

Tags
cup, support, world